Calgary complexions benefit from microneedlingCollagen induction therapy (CIT) is a gentle yet extremely effective technique to improve skin tone and texture. Treatment induces natural production of collagen and elastin, and enhances absorption of serums, gels, and platelet-rich plasma. Some of the smoothest faces in Calgary are the result of microneedling.
- Skin is cleansed.
- Topical anesthetic is applied to ensure your comfort, for about thirty minutes.
- Skin is coated with a thin layer of topical hyaluronic acid gel.
- The device is set to penetrate at a precise depth ranging from 0.5 to 2.5 millimeters.
- The clinician gently presses the reciprocating tip of the applicator to skin, and glides it in one direction, gradually covering the treatment area. Several passes may be made. Most patients report no significant discomfort – just a mild sandpaper-like sensation.
- Microneedling can be performed on virtually any area, including face (it is safe for delicate tissues around the eyes), neck, décolletage, hands, arms, back, abdomen, and legs. Treatment typically takes 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the region.
- There is essentially no downtime, and you may wear makeup the next day.
- Treated skin will be red for a day or two. Improvement becomes noticeable over the course of several weeks as collagen builds, continuing for up to six months.
- Usually a series of two or three microneedling treatments, spaced about six weeks apart, is recommended for optimal results. Then, just one touch up session per year (more often if you like) maintains refined skin tone and texture.
Multiple options for beautiful skinMicroneedling is ideal for improvement in fine lines, pigmentation irregularities, acne scarring, and dull complexions. Silverado Medical & Aesthetic Clinic is equipped with a variety of microneedling devices to suit the needs of the individual, ranging from micropen to microneedling RF (Fractora).
Schedule a visit to Silverado Medical & Aesthetic Clinic in Calgary to learn more about microneedling. The number is (844) 314-4891.