Calgary complexions glow with microdermabrasionEveryday influences such as stress, sun exposure, environmental pollutants, smoking, and poor diet take a toll on skin quality. Continuous renewal and maintenance is necessary for skin to defend itself against these elements. Microdermabrasion is a progressive, non-chemical exfoliation process that increases the strength of skin and refines texture and pigmentation. Women and men in the Calgary area are taking advantage of microdermabrasion at Silverado Medical & Aesthetic Clinic.
- Skin is cleansed.
- A wand encrusted with fine diamond chips is gently pressed and passed over skin to loosen dull, dead cells in the epidermis, or outermost layer.
- The device simultaneously vacuums exfoliated cells away from skin.
- Treatment is pain-free and no anesthetic is needed. You feel only a scratching sensation, vibration, and slight suction.
- A session takes 30 to 45 minutes.
- Skin is pampered with moisturizer and sunscreen.
- There is no recovery period. You may have pinkness for a few hours, but you can wear makeup and return to normal activities right away.
- Skin may continue to exfoliate naturally for a few days. Daily sun protection is especially important during this period.
- As microdermabrasion buffs away dull surface skin, it promotes growth of fresh, healthy cells. Treatment also stimulates collagen production in deep skin layers. As it builds over time, this fibrous meshwork thickens and tightens skin.
- Strategy is customized to your skin type and needs, but a typical treatment plan involves five to ten sessions spaced a week or two apart, initially. Then monthly or twice-a-year microdermabrasion maintains radiant skin.
Conditions treatedMicrodermabrasion is a gentle procedure with low risk of complications. It is appropriate for all skin types. Dr. Pepple and her team may recommend it to treat:
- Acne scarring
- Age spots
- Black heads
- Enlarged pores
- Fine lines
- Sun damage