Mesotherapy injections in Calgary AB transform figures, revitalizes faces
You don’t have to cross the Atlantic to enjoy the benefits of the “French way” to lose weight and beautify your skin. You can get Mesotherapy Injections in Calgary AB at Silverado Medical & Aesthetic Clinic. Adeptly administered by Aesthetic Physician Dr. Folake Pepple, mesotherapy accomplishes what many other nonsurgical treatments can’t: fat-trimming and skin-tightening for all patients.
Dr. Pepple has used mesotherapy to successfully treat a wide range of patients. Mesotherapy reduces stubborn fat pockets, improves the appearance of cellulite, softens lines and wrinkles, and corrects other signs of aging such as a lackluster complexion and leathery texture. It can be used almost anywhere injections can be administered. So, it’s as appropriate on the face to whittle a double chin, as it is to whittle a waist or trim “bat wings” behind the arms. All of these gains can be made without pain because the procedure is non-invasive – no scalpels, stitches, long downtime, and a lengthy list of precautions and risks.
A long and storied history
Mesotherapy was pioneered in 1952 by French physician Dr. Michel Pistor. It was originally used to treat a wide array of medical conditions, including sports injuries and infectious diseases. Today, it is still used around the globe to treat conditions ranging from hair loss or alopecia to fibromyalgia. It continues to be hugely popular in France, where the International Society of Mesotherapy reports around 60,000 patients are treated with this powerful injectable technique each day.
The injections themselves contain small amounts of various therapeutic ingredients. The needles used to make these injections are short and fine. The resulting compound is designed to be injected into the middle layer of the skin. Known as the “mesoderm,” this layer contains fat and connective tissue. When the compound is injected into the mesoderm as a series of injections, the process of melting underlying fat is initiated.
Dr. Pepple tailors the injectable formulation to your needs; for instance, the compound used to smooth cellulite dimples is not the same compound used to dissolve fat and trim saddlebags or muffin tops. Generally, though, this injectable treatment contains a variety of ingredients, including:
- Health Canada-approved pharmaceuticals
- Herbal extracts
- Vitamins and minerals
Many of these ingredients are taken by mouth, but the dose that is given injected underneath the skin is about 10% to 20% of the normal oral dosage. Patients are able to experience the benefits of a powerful combination of ingredients, without the higher dose prescribed when taken orally.
Request an Appointment
Whereas some cosmetic alternatives to invasive surgery are not appropriate for obese patients, mesotherapy can successfully treat a wide range of patients – from individuals who are not within their goal weight to those who are but have “diet-resistant” and “exercise-resistant” pockets of localized fat. Patients should be healthy without major medical conditions such as diabetes, or a history of blood clots. Dr. Pepple will review your medical history and discuss health considerations during a consultation at the Calgary office.
What we do so mesotherapy can work for you!
Mesotherapy is administered at Silverado Medical and Aesthetic Clinic. There is no need for general anesthesia. The procedure is well-tolerated and safe in the hands of experienced practitioners like Dr. Pepple, and at a medical setting with safeguards in place.
- First, the areas to be treated are cleansed.
- Next, a short needle is used to inject the customised compounds.
- A series of injections are made.
- The needle may be connected to a mechanical device (mesogun), which allows Dr. Pepple to make several injections at one time.
- Due to the noninvasive nature of the procedure and its gentle features, patients remain generally comfortable throughout treatment.
- There is typically no downtime.
- Most people return to their typical activities immediately after their appointments.
- There is no need to take days (or weeks!) off of work or away from other commitments due to swelling, discolouration, and pain associated with more invasive body sculpting treatments.
- Since dissolving fat is a process, results present themselves gradually. Some patients may notice a difference after the first treatment.
- The majority of patients lose a dress size or belt notches after around 4 treatments. This varies from person to person; you may be happy with the results after a couple of sessions, whereas another patient may require several treatments.
- On average, 3 to 15 treatments may be scheduled every 7 to 10 days.
- As skin and contours improve, sessions can be scheduled every 14 to 28 days.
With a healthy lifestyle, results are long-lasting. A nutritious meal plan can help to both accelerate and sustain beautiful results. Call 844-314-4891 to schedule your consultation at Silverado Medical & Aesthetic Clinic in Calgary.