Calgary practice offers solutions for acne scarringFor most people, having acne is emotionally traumatic. The resulting scars are a lifetime reminder of something they’d rather forget. Silverado Medical & Aesthetic Clinic in Calgary offers a range of effective treatments to improve or eliminate acne scarring.
Types of acne scarsMost acne scars are depressed or pitted. Collagen fibers anchor the base of the scar to subcutaneous tissue, pulling surface skin downward. Depressed scars may be referred to as ice pick, boxcar, or rolling, describing their shape, size, and depth. Treatment involves disrupting scar tissue, allowing it to be replaced with layers of healthy skin.
Hypertrophic scars or keloids are formation of excess scar tissue, leaving firm, raised regions of skin.
Because acne is an inflammatory condition, it often results in abnormal discoloration and texture, as well. Acne scars may appear red, pink, or white, and be rough or shiny.
A strategy as unique as your skinDr. Folake Pepple and her team of aesthetic professionals understand that your skin tone and texture, and your acne scars deserve personalized attention. They create treatment protocols that improve the overall quality of skin while minimizing scarring, using techniques such as:
- RF Microneedling (Fractora) – Fractora combines medical needles with heated energy of radio frequency (RF). Fractora delivers the ability to resurface the skin by breaking up scar tissue and stimulating new collagen. The elimination of scar tissue reveals a brighter, smoother and an even complexion to the skin.
- Platelet-rich plasma – Components of your own blood, loaded with rejuvenation factors, injected into acne scars.
- Dermal fillers – To raise depressed acne scars.
- Laser facials – Non-ablative laser treatment noticeably smooths acne scarring and discoloration in just four to six sessions. There is a “lunchtime treatment” with little or no downtime – just a bit of residual pinkness.
- Chemical peels – Deep chemical exfoliation of surface skin evens out skin texture.
- Microdermabrasion – Gentle mechanical exfoliation that stimulates uniform collagen.